Committed to providing continuous professional learning that supports literacy acquisition and development for all elementary grades:
- It is my goal to help teachers and administrators understand how to make a difference in the literate lives of their students, as they implement best practices and effective literacy instruction with integrity and fidelity.
- Throughout my career in education I’ve held a variety of positions including classroom teacher, Reading Recovery teacher, dyslexia teacher, reading interventionist, literacy coach, and grant coordinator. I also served as the elementary language arts curriculum specialist for a large suburban district, as well as their Reading Recovery Teacher Leader.
- Literacy is my passion and it is always a privilege to work alongside my colleagues to guide their introduction or mastery of best practices that deepen their understanding of literacy development, allowing them to be responsive to the academic needs of their students.
- I hold a B. S. from William Paterson University in Wayne, New Jersey, and an M.Ed from the University of North Texas. I was honored to be the 2015 Teacher of the Year for my district, and humbled when I was named the 2015 Teacher of the Year for Region XI.
- As an educational consultant, I have worked with Region X as a trainer for multiple grade levels for the TEA Literacy Academies, as well as providing professional development with state and local school districts as they implement new literacy initiatives and programs both campus and district wide.
- On a personal note, I live in Highland Village, TX with my daughter, who has Down Syndrome, and enjoy spending time with my son and grandchildren. I travel to the east coast as often as possible to spend time with family and friends.